Wednesday, December 31, 2014

That Which I am Seeking & The New Year


 Hey All,

2014 has ended on the highest possible note for me but before I go into that I want to share a little about a poster I designed for my friend Karen Pagantihon and her one woman show titled "That Which I am Seeking". If you’re in New York City definitely check it out. You’ll have a great time, meet wonderful people and take in some of NYC's diversity. The ticket’s are price perfect!  To Purchase Tickets (Eventbrite): http://goo.gl/C2U5pX


Before designing her poster. Karen and I met to talk about her show and her inspiration for it. We focused a lot at the 1960s era. From Barbarella to Foxy Brown and James Bond. The message of the show will resonate with many aspiring to be in the entertainment industry, especially with anyone of color. The experience so far has been an amazing and I can't wait to see this girl shine the day of the show.




 
Happy New Year!

I don't make resolutions, but, I am a woman who makes lists. Every day, every night, at home or on my spare time. I have the tendency to write lists of things I either aspire too or need to do. I make list's of goals and I put them in front of me. I think the most productive times for me are when I set my goals CLEARLY to paper and I tackle them. (Lucky for me I also now have a space to grow promote productivity) This year I have been blessed with the stability of ending the year with ONE (Not 3 p/t jobs) job. This leaves me time for passion projects and focusing on honing my designer and advertising skills. Slowly but surely things are falling into place. The only goal that I want to set out as a resolution this year is to live more creatively. Every day I nurture and put to use my FOCUSED creativity. It's so easy to get caught in so many hobbies and likes that a skill never reaches it's fullest potential. I made my 2015 to-do list. They're not options or resolutions and I like it that way.




No comments: